Friday, October 21, 2011

Oh Lawd, it's one of those days.

So I opened the Etown store alone today. No big deal, I've opened alone before right? WRONG Buckwheat. I think I'll just do bullets so you all can see how my day has went slightly downhill from the time I got here this morning.

  • I set the alarm off first thing when I got here. I don't know if I was too slow or I typed in the wrong code in my panic or what the hell happened. All I know is I had to listen to the blaring siren for 10 minutes before the alarm people could get the bastard shut off.
  • I got sprayed by the automatic air freshener. So now I smell like a supposed Hawaiian beach but I'm calling bs on that one.
  • My cash drawer was short 10 bucks right off the bat.
  • I had 2 customers come who wanted to return a phone because they didn't like it and buy a new one. Ok, no problem. I issued them a refund check. Explain the price of the new phone, they get pissed off and want the new phone for $30 less. I explain, hell no, not doing it. They want to go BACK to the old phone. I explain they're going to be stuck here with me for a while because I have to call the help desk to have the refund reversed. They flip out and shouting commences. Help Desk fixes everything and marks down new phone to shut them up and get them the hell out of my store. Thank God for the Help Desk.
  • I'm out of pop and in dire need of caffeine. 
  • I forgot to clock in with all the craziness that was going on around here today. I finally clocked in around 1 and I've actually been here since about 8:45am.
  • And I'm whiny because my feet hurt. I don't have a chair to sit in here at this store.
Here's to hoping today will only get better from here on out. I'm going to Applebee's for quesadillas to hopefully cheer myself up.

1 comment: